[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7123) mouse control

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7123) mouse control
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:56:24 -0800

Arnstein Lindgard wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 06:36:13 -0800 Raimar Falke wrote:
>
>>mapview:
>> - left click: popup city, select unit, popup unit stack
>> - left drag: nothing
>> - middle click: popup tile info
>> - right click: center view, deselect cities
>> - right drag: select cities

Personally I like right-clicking to recenter.  Click-and-drag takes more
work.

Everything that can be done with the middle mouse button should be
possible to do without it (with another button plus some key or other).
  But it's good to avoid using the keyboard so double-clicks or
click-and-hold may be helpful here also.

> Currently in gtk[12] there is also an option of left-drag to goto
> without keyboard. I don't think you can have both that and the
> selection rectangle on the same button without using a key modifier.

I liked the behavior in civ3: click-and-hold to enter goto mode.  The
click-and-drag is a bit cumbersome since it is not easy to move units
one tile in this way.

jason