[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6721) Quincuncial and Mobius topologies ready!

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6721) Quincuncial and Mobius topologies ready!
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 03:23:37 -0800

Le dim 28/12/2003 à 22:15, Per I. Mathisen a écrit :

Thx for your reaction!

> I am still waiting for an assessment of the speed impact of this patch.
you wait i make this assessment?
> I want to see some numbers on how it affects game speed both with and
> without the exotic topologies in actual use.
Torus, Electron or Mobius are exotics topologie,
Quincuncial is a best cartographical topologie.
> Your patch is large and touches a lot of code. We are (slowly) preparing
> for a major release. You may have to be patient.
yes, i'd like include it in the next stable release. I am not :-)
> I took a brief look at your patch, and it seems you have not yet read the
> coding style document. Be advised that we are in general quite strict on
> style issues, and you will need to clean up a lot of that code.
i go read it now.
>   - Per
>
> PS A patch is not "ready" when it has "fix bugs" in its TODO list.
We are speaking of a dev release, some bugs are easy to fix for original
autors and difficult for me, new code need to be thincked for reversed
wrapping topologie if you want to not include new bugs.
Server side are no bugs!

> PPS Keep PR#6972 and PR#6970 separate from this patch.
Ok, but poles are so central place in sphere like topologies to rest bad
doned.
Marcelo