[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6721) A Quincuncial topology

To: mburda@xxxxxxxxx, rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6721) A Quincuncial topology
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 00:42:26 -0800

Jason Short wrote:

> Marcelo Burda wrote:

>>>True, though I still think changing the actual orientation of the
>>>mapview is a better long-term solution.
>>
>>Yes, After some analys, a thinck this solution probably the bes one, an
>>no soo dificult.
>>
>>You old patch exist today? it is probably too outdated!
>
> It should be in the freeciv-dev archives, but they don't seem to be
> searchable.

But how about that...all I had to do was remember when I wrote it
(actually I was off by 2 days).

http://lists.complete.org/freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx/2002/01/msg00547.html.gz

A lot of the patch is outdated and unnecessary - fixing pieces of code
that have already been fixed.  The tilespec code is probably still
pretty applicable, though.  Note that we have functions map_to_gui_dir
and gui_to_map_dir now (the concept for these was first developed in
this patch).

jason