[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6721) Quincuncial and Mobius topologies ready!

To: mburda@xxxxxxxxx, rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6721) Quincuncial and Mobius topologies ready!
From: "imbaczek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <imbaczek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 07:44:45 -0800

On 03-12-29 you wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if TLA source control solves this sort of
> issue "in practice?"  Or is it a nice idea in theory, and in
> practice there are always choke points of versioning in projects?
> I'm looking for the 5 minute summary on TLA's advantages, if any.

http://www.xouvert.org/ states:

What is Arch?

Arch[1] is what makes Xouvert possible. Arch is Tom Lord's advanced
changeset management system, a superset of mere "revision control
systems" like CVS and Subversion. Arch will let us make radical
changes to the directory layout of Xouvert, yet still be able to
easily track and apply the changes in the original XFree86 tree.

The clean design of arch makes it trivial for anyone who downloads our
source code to create their own local "branch" for development, keep
it under revision control, then have their modifications merged, with
complete history, back upstream at some point in the future. This is
next to impossible to do with CVS.

[1] http://arch.fifthvision.net/

--
{ Marek Baczyński :: UIN 57114871 :: GG 161671 :: JID imbaczek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  }