[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3489) Patch to add new generator

To: jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3489) Patch to add new generator
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:10:14 -0700

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 03:30:20PM -0700, jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > And it's awfully artificial.
> Anything specifically that looks artificial?  I am aiming for the level
> of naturalness that generator 2 has, but with all starting locations being
> connected by land.

roads are artificial and do not belong in a map generator.

If you want a fair map, but with quick interaction, how about generating a
circular map with starting positions equidistant? Or if you don't want to
dispense with penninsulas altogether, make it a fluted circle instead. Fast
contact. No roads.

-mike