[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3489) Patch to add new generator (tectonic plates)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3489) Patch to add new generator (tectonic plates)
From: Andreas Røsdal <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:28:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> This patch is the same as before, only it will now complile with c89 compilers
> and not just c99 (tested with -pedantic -std=c89 ).  Thanks go to
> Reinier Post for pointing this out.

At one time there was a patch to make realistic maps,
written by Sam. using Mark Isaak's plate tectonic simulator.
That patch had to be applied on after this gen67 patch.

The maps generated look really realistic,
see http://www.samiam.org/freeciv/maps.html

I think that there were some problems related to map-generation time, but
I can't find a RT-ticket for it... Would this patch be included, if it was
updated to CVS and the speed-issues were resolved?

 Andreas Røsdal