Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4701) autoattack oddities esp. with cruise missile

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4701) autoattack oddities esp. with cruise missiles
From: "Andy Smith" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:56:17 -0700

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 11:15:47PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:
> There are several "handicaps" that you should check.  If the handicap
> flags are set (as they are for the current AI) then the player is
> allowed to cheat in this way.

Apologies, I'm a bit new to this code.  Are you saying that:

if (pplayer->ai.control && !ai_handicap(H_MAP)) {
  /* AI is allowed to cheat and attack units at this location. */
}

(plus handling for H_FOG too)

> This is pretty severe cheating, even for the AI.  But OTOH the AI will
> rarely make it far enough that this matters (does it build cruise
> missiles at all?).

Not sure, but taking someone's capital could split them so an AI
ends up with missiles I suppose.

Seems none of the AI levels by default include H_MAP or H_FOG so any AI
would be free to cheat like this.  OTOH I guess it has been like
this for a while and no one has noticed before.

--
> > > The optimum programming team size is 1.
Has Jurassic Park taught us nothing?
 -- pfilandr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, news:comp.lang.c