Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4701) autoattack oddities esp. with cruise missile

To: andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4701) autoattack oddities esp. with cruise missiles
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 00:41:40 -0700

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Andy Smith wrote:
> To be clear, are you suggesting that H_TARGETS should be checked for
> auto-attack instead of H_MAP and H_FOG? If so, I agree, since the
> intention of H_TARGETS clearly seems to be to prevent the AI from
> doing exactly this.

Yes.

> Do you suggest it replaces both H_MAP and H_FOG here, or just H_FOG?

I haven't looked at the code in question yet, but I think so, yes.

> > H_HUTS can be subsumed under PP_AI_FAKE_FOG.
>
> Assume you mean H_TARGETS...

I mean both. H_HUTS is just another kind of fake fog of war that the AI
uses, and I don't see how it is really different from H_TARGETS.

> Alright, this makes sense, and I would be happy to look into this.

Of course, it should be done in a separate patch :-)

> It's quite a lot of changes though, it reverses the logic of some
> current ai_handicap() checks but not others all over the place. So
> I will have to look at other smaller changes first to build up some
> experience here.

Go for it.

  - Per

"This is the future for the world we're in at the moment,"
promised Lawrence Di Rita, special assistant to Rumsfeld.
"We'll get better as we do it more often."