Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4242) Clean up the goto route network protocol and

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4242) Clean up the goto route network protocol and route execution
From: "Raimar Falke" <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:35:58 -0700

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 10:23:37AM -0700, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> I have a complaint on the "wait" bit too, though.  Why are you reinventing
> the wheel?  Path Finding implements the waiting by reinserting the
> position into the path.  We should keep it throughout the code, instead of
> converting from one format to another.  Just make goto_route_execute
> recognize this convention, instead of doing it in compact_path.

I think the wait bit has the clearer semantics. So I'm for changing
the path-finding to also return the information in this form. Since we
do only have a few users it is painless to change now.

Can both forms express the same? There may be differences which I
overlook.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Living on earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip