Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4242) Clean up the goto route network protocol and

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4242) Clean up the goto route network protocol and route execution
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 03:20:26 -0700

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > > do you want that the client sends the server a path and a set of
> > > dangerous tiles and the server figures out the waiting?
> >
> > Yes. The client sends the server a path where the dangerous tiles are
> > marked. I don't know if this is feasible, though.
>
> And what is the advantage?

Let's say a piece of road in your path, which covered by FoW, has been
pillaged. This means you just lost 3, not 1, MP. When you reach the first
series of dangerous tiles, you (the client) thought you could pass, but in
reality you can't. So you should have stopped.

Of course, we can just call this a causalty to FoW. I doubt it will be a
common occurance.

  - Per