Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion / Ideas

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion / Ideas
From: Rafal Bursig <bursig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:42:16 +0200

Dnia 2003.04.01 12:10, Per I. Mathisen napisał(a):
On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Rafal Bursig wrote:
> In fact I current work in this area ( write worklist dlg ). And find
> some problems :
> 1) global worklists aren't save and are lost after client exit. This is > becouse those are stricto client structs and aren't sent to server. (
> and server make savegame ). This can make some problems becouse
> requ. save global worklists (max 16) of all playes. I don't know if city
> worklist is save.
> 2) We can always add import/export code but this should be only
> addon to main feature ( save global worklists with savegames )
> 3) Build new city dlg. can ask about starting worklist ( can be
> disabled via local options ).

Worklists are saved on the client side. I don't know if global
worklists are saved in this way. Saving them in the savegame is wrong, since this is a user preference, and all user preferences should be saved for each user, not for each game (you usually want the same worklists for many games,
but different users may use same savegame).

This is true when you play mutiplayer and leave game ( and other player start play your nation ). But I speak here about SinglePlayer game. I only want that my global ( and city ) worklists are avilable after load a savegame without any additonaly action ( manualy import/export from disk ). And this is very important for singleplayer.

If we don't plan secound type of savegame format for singleplayer then we can have : 1) auto export/import worklists from/to server ( single player should have this dafault enabled ) 2) export/import worklists from/to disk (very usefull in mutiplayer and start of single player)

1) - should import/export global worklists to server and savegames
2) - should work only for global worklists

I would also like a default starting worklist for new cities. But I
would not want this in the city dialog, since I use the no-popup client options for new cities, so I never see the city dialog. Rather, put this
default worklist setting in the client options dialog.

This is one solution but if we have dialog which ask about new city name then we can put starting worklist "selector" here. This dialog is enabled/disabled via local options and this default new city worklist can be default for this dialog and default new city wl when you disabled popup of this dialog.

Rafal

KLIKNIJ 2 razy TAK >>> http://link.interia.pl/f170d