Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion / Ideas

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion / Ideas
From: Rafal Bursig <bursig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:01:53 +0200

> 1 since he plays often the same way, is it possible to create and
> save a list of task for a city (ordered constructions of building,
> improvments and units), that will be load each time a new city is created, and
> thus not annoying the player with fillnig the list.

There are already 'worklists', but they may not be working exactly as
they should. Please look at them and suggest what should be done
differently.

Hi Per.

In fact I current work in this area ( write worklist dlg ). And find some problems : 1) global worklists aren't save and are lost after client exit. This is becouse those are stricto client structs and aren't sent to server. ( and server make savegame ). This can make some problems becouse requ. save global worklists (max 16) of all playes. I don't know if city worklist is save. 2) We can always add import/export code but this should be only addon to main feature ( save global worklists with savegames ) 3) Build new city dlg. can ask about starting worklist ( can be disabled via local options ).

Rafal

Pilkarski portal INTERIA.PL >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1703