Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion / Ideas

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion / Ideas
From: "Olivier Davy" <odavy.sopra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:58:46 +0200

Olivier DAVY
FRANCE
01042003

Hello everybody,

my borther is a fairly fan of Civ (more than 10 years of gaming).
Yersterday, I saw him freeciv (only known by geeks like me, unfortunatelly).
He was REALLY impressed by the work done.

As I explain him what free source code and developping means, he has some suggestions that he wait for long :
1 since he plays often the same way, is it possible to create and save a list of task for a city (ordered constructions of building, improvments and units), that will be load each time a new city is created, and thus not annoying the player with fillnig the list.

2 can triggers be put on a city to build construction (I think this point is harder to develop).

3 what about cheating functions on the server to enable a player to explore all the possibilities of the game (remodelling the word and civ during the game, money, knowledge). My brother and I are used to use it in order to create new strategies.

4 Is there a civ map of the real world ? where can t be downloaded

5 Would you like to add all the real civilizations (all the countries, and nations) ?

If you are interested by more of his suggestions, it will be a pleasure to write to you, and why not developping, to improve the best game in the univers !

Thank you for your time and your attention,
I am waiting for your reply,

Olivier

PS : i beg your pardon if some of my questions have already been debated.