Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3646) freeciv-ai ai_military_findvictim

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3646) freeciv-ai ai_military_findvictim
From: "Anthony J. Stuckey" <astuckey@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 09:07:21 -0800

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 07:10:41AM -0800, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> Can someone give sketch some ideas on how the AI _should_ use paras? Since
> the AI is omniscient, its use of paras can be deadly, if coded correctly.

        Bypassing Maginot Lines.  "Anywhere ZOC is blocked for a very large
region".

        Attacking/Reinforcing other continents.  Possibly in combination with
airplanes.  Avoids having to build transports at all.

        Leapfrogging towards fronts where the move cost is high due to
undeveloped road/rail infrastructure.