Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3646) freeciv-ai ai_military_findvictim

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3646) freeciv-ai ai_military_findvictim
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 07:10:41 -0800

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

> > > Which?
>
> find_something_to_kill and then ai_military_attack as far as I remember

ai_military_attack is the higher-level function. It calls fstk. The other
one is ai_military_rampage, which only checks adjacent units. It is used
all over the place to check if our new map position suddenly is next to a
nice target.

Design-wise this all sucks.

> Does AI build helicopters?

No.

> AI does not know how to use paras.

Can someone give sketch some ideas on how the AI _should_ use paras? Since
the AI is omniscient, its use of paras can be deadly, if coded correctly.

  - Per