Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3646) freeciv-ai ai_military_findvictim

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3646) freeciv-ai ai_military_findvictim
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 07:29:33 -0800

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 07:10:41AM -0800, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> > find_something_to_kill and then ai_military_attack as far as I remember
>
> ai_military_attack is the higher-level function. It calls fstk. The other
> one is ai_military_rampage, which only checks adjacent units. It is used
> all over the place to check if our new map position suddenly is next to a
> nice target.
>
> Design-wise this all sucks.

I don't care about design *g* I only think that there is a place where
AI could improve.

When looking at some AI-games (with diplomacy patch) is saw that AI is
better in landwar then in seawar. Really bad in expanding, bad in
cityplacement, not optimal in the building it builds ...

> > Does AI build helicopters?
>
> No.

I know, but its an example where a unit is able to get a city in 1 turn
without the city is adjacent.

> > AI does not know how to use paras.
>
> Can someone give sketch some ideas on how the AI _should_ use paras? Since
> the AI is omniscient, its use of paras can be deadly, if coded correctly.

Jump into empty cities or on adjacent tiles and conquer it after.
That is not more or less deadly than normal players do. I thought we
want an AI which can beat players like K and not an AI which is
hopeless.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wenn Du nicht programmieren kannst und Dir für Arbeit zu schade bist: