Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2370) Path finding

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2370) Path finding
From: "Greg Wooledge" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:29:09 -0800

Alan Schmitt (alan.schmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Sorry for being picky, but even the French part is wrong. It should be:
> Où sont les toilettes les plus proches ?
> which translates to:
> Where is the closest bathroom ?
> (I do not know it bathroom == watering hole)

No, definitely not.  "Watering hole" is a bar, tavern, pub, saloon,
etc.  The term is colloquial, of course, specifically "old Western"
usage.  You'd probably hear it in the kind of movie where everyone
wears a ten-gallon hat.

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |