Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2641) islands from the client's point of view

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2641) islands from the client's point of view
From: "Mike Kaufman via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 06:59:35 -0800

[rfalke - Sat Jan 25 10:32:07 2003]:

> Why do we need num_continents in the paket?

so the client knows when to recycle continent numbers. There are several
cases where the server has to send a continent number that is less that
game.player_ptr->num_continents, so you can't trigger a recycle simply
on that. At that point there is no other way.

> You replaced unsigned short int with signed short int. Why? Shouldn't
> we introduce a typedef for this?

I did this, because we might want to number oceans at some point, and I
think that negative numbers in continents should be the mechanism. A
typedef is pointless here I think.

> I don't like this RESET_CONTINENTS special case. Can't it be done in
> another way?

possibly. I'll think about it.

-mike