[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] rfc: autoattack

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] rfc: autoattack
From: Paul Zastoupil <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:43:46 -0800

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 01:20:53AM -0500, Jason Dorje Short wrote:
<snip>
> And we should remember that multi-player games make up only a small
> fraction of all games played.  However, the players on freeciv-dev
> represent a disproportionate number of multi-player gamers - as a whole,
> we are not representative.

Before you discount multiplayers too much...

I know that some things change from single player to multiplayer, but
overall the same strategies work out to be the best.  What this means
is that the increased competition in multiplayer games distills all the
valid strategies to the most effective ones.  If it works in multiplayer,
it will probably work in single player, but not the other way around.

--
Paul Zastoupil