[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Post release patches

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Post release patches
From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 21:55:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:

[snip]

>   historic authentic ruleset  ?               idea
>   fairer ruleset              ?               idea

I've been working on these.  I've attatched my work here (20k is
acceptable on list, right?).  I've made musketeers and ironclads later and
therefore less overwhelming, and shifted things closer to there historical
and logical alignment.  I've been playtesting it for a while and I like
it.  A lot of technologies still need *renaming*, though.  Magnetism, for
example, refers to the advances in hull-building that allowed canons to be
brought onboard ship (therefore it requires gunpowder and allows steam
engine).

--Daniel Speyer
If you *don't* consider sharing information to be morally equivalent to
kidnapping and murder on the high seas, you probably shouldn't use the
phrase "software piracy."