[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Post release patches

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Post release patches
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 18:22:31 +0100

On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 07:15:00PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> I'm not so much thinking about the impr-gen effects (these should be
> listed in the help dialogs)

        Indeed... but the helptexts can be out of date, or just plain
misleading, or you can forget what they say... and sometimes it can be
tricky to figure out where all of your city's gold production (for example)
comes from, particularly if your government or nation type also has an
effect. I'm thinking of something similar to the existing happiness display,
which makes it quite clear when you have active happiness Wonders, even
if they're in other cities.

> but more about the "real" effects. I want to show that if you will build
> a library this will give "+3 science, -1 gold" and if you build a
> marketplace you may end up with "no change"

        Ah. This sounds more difficult, so I'm not going to volunteer for
it right now. ;) Sounds like this is something that AIs and agents would
have to do anyway though, so presumably lots of code could be shared...

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"Go ahead, make my day."