[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Post release patches

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Post release patches
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:47:26 +0200 (MEST)

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
>   passive diplomacy           Per             ?

Already done.

>   active diplomacy            ?               idea

I have it in the works. I am capable of exchanging stuff with AIs already.
But, it will need a massive amount of testing and tuning, so it may not be
be ready for 1.14.0.

>   AI cleanups                 various         various
>   new path finding            Raimar, Gregory idea/concept/old code
>   updating goto.[ch] and      ?               idea
>    gotohand.[ch]

Also: Improved AI building evaluation. First my simple patch (complete),
then a more radical change in order to evaluate impr. gen. buildings.

And flying AI and active use of diplomats patches.

Author: Andi Payn.

Author: Stewart Adcock. Patch maintained by Ben.

>   grant greater vision on top         ?               idea
>    of hills/moutains

Bunk idea.

Author: Ben

>   gen terrain

I will look a bit at this (T_RIVER cleanup), but not implement it all.

Also:
 - more generalised governments (FreecivAC, Davide)
 - unit testing framework (me; almost done)
 - bitvectors, extending number of unit flags (me; done)
 - new unit flags (me, Raahul; patches in progress to done)
 - generalised calendar (Andi Payn; old code)
 - player teams (me; first part done)
 - tech lend/lease treaty (me; incomplete)
 - techs have (optional) team requirement (me; concept stage but will
   be complete for 1.14.0)
 - corecleanups...
 - port attacks & ai using subs & right defender (Raahul)

Most important for 1.14.0 I think is gen. impr. and a new connection
dialog.

Yours,
Per

76.4% of all statistics are made up