[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Post release patches

To: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Post release patches
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 21:09:28 -0700 (PDT)

--- Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >   historic authentic ruleset        ?               idea
> >   fairer ruleset            ?               idea
>
> I've been working on these.  I've attatched my work here (20k is
> acceptable on list, right?).

Post a diff next time. Your rulesets are rather badly out of date. They don't
take into account sound effects and other changes. Units.ruleset is the big
offender.

>I've made musketeers and ironclads later and
> therefore less overwhelming, and shifted things closer to there historical
> and logical alignment.  I've been playtesting it for a while and I like
> it.  A lot of technologies still need *renaming*, though.  Magnetism, for
> example, refers to the advances in hull-building that allowed canons to be
> brought onboard ship (therefore it requires gunpowder and allows steam
> engine).

It would be nice if Barracks required Warrior Code. The only building without a
tech requirement.

<snip>

Aloha,
RK.

The only reason so many people attended his funeral was they wanted to make
sure he was dead. -Samuel Goldwyn on Louis B. Mayer's funeral