[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Post release patches

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Post release patches
From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:56:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:

> This is a list of topics/patches I would expect which are
> discussed/(re)submitted after the release.
>
> ? is "not yet decided"
> ?? is "can't remember"

I figure I may as well help you out on some of the can't remembers and
ommissions.

> Concept is something which can be coded if time is available. An idea
> on the other side may even be turn out to be bad/unimplementable.
>
> Topic                         Author          Status

[snip]

> GUI/Eye candy
>   tileset selection at runtime        Jason           old code
>   new start dialog            ??              old code

This one's mostly mine (some other people's code as well).  It's actually
two patches -- the big one that lets the client control the server and the
little one that lets you pick your nation by flag as well as name.  The
second patch is much closer to inclusion.

>   new unit dialog             Daniel?         old code

Yes, that one's mine.

>   arbitrary zooming of the map        ??              old code
>   show effects of improvements        ?               idea
>   add sprites for improvements        ?               idea
>    and show them in the change
>    dialog

  Icons in message window               Daniel          old code
  Eye candy on map (e.g. cacti and wavy Daniel          old code
                    borders)

> Gameplay
>   extended veteran system     ??              old code
>   borders                     ??              old code
>   grant greater vision on top         ?               idea
>    of hills/moutains
  upgrade of indirectly         Daniel          old code
        obsolete units

[snip]

> Others
>   unification of rulesets and         Per, Mike       idea
>    server variables
                                        Daniel

[snip]

Finally, did we decided to go with isotrident as the new default
tileset?  IIRC, it one the poll and we're shipping with it, but I don't
think we ever decided.

--Daniel Speyer