[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Another freeciv testing

To: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Another freeciv testing
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:23:17 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Tony Stuckey wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 02:35:55PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > Also buying cities is outrageously cheap in freeciv compared to civ2.
>
>       You made the claim, now back it up with data.
>       Submit a table showing the freeciv and Civ2 price for buying out a
> city, at multiple different values of city size.

I don't have Win on my computer anymore. :(

Probably "outrageously" was not a right word to use, but "substantially" I
believe it is. I think it decays with distance to the capital much faster
than in Civ2... But I don't know which formula Civ2 uses, just have the
recollection of hardship I went through saving up enough money to buy a
city.

G.