[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Two suggestions

To: "Chris St. Pierre" <cas1650@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Two suggestions
From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:43:28 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Chris St. Pierre wrote:

> I have two rather small suggestions:
>
> o Add worklists to the "change" button list in the "City report" dialog.
> o In the "Military report" dialog, add a "Activate all" button to activate all
> units of a particular type.

The activeunits patch (latest version attatched) includes an "Activate
sentried" button.  You wouldn't want to activate units fortified in the
field with this, nor working settlers.  Goto and auto-explore are harder
to say.  At present, it doesn't waken units fortified in cities, but I've
rarely wanted it to -- and this offers a way to designate whether or not
the button should activate each unit.

(Also, its much more difficult to wake all units fortified in cities ;) )

So try this out and see if you like it.  Comments, ideas, etc. are
appreciated.

--Daniel Speyer
If you *don't* consider sharing information to be morally equivalent to
kidnapping and murder on the high seas, you probably shouldn't use the
phrase "software piracy."