Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound8

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound8
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:29:35 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> The better one would be to convert all sound events to real events and
> just add the ability to a sound to an event.

Sorry, I don't understand.

> > Here is a new version of the patch. I've been unable to find any reason
> > for the delay bug that you found with the sdl plugin, Raimar, but it would
> > be nice to hear if the cacheing stuff reduces this delay for you.
>
> No it doesn't. rpm shows:

What cpu/sound card do you use?

> >  - changed MAX_NUMBER_PLUGINS to an enum
>
> No. This just created extra dependencies which are unnecessary.

I don't understand, but that's ok.

> >  - swapped esd for sdl as preferred sound out
>
> This has to be reverted if there aren't any reason why SDL is better
> then ESD.

Right now they are about just as good. But there is so much more you can
do with SDL, while I don't see much of a future for ESD.

I don't care much which is them is default.

> Please use sometimes uppercase chars in your comments.

oK, i'Ll trY tO reMemBer That :)

Mvh,
Per

"What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally
happens." -- Benjamin Disraeli