Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound8

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound8
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:19:55 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> I forgot: I still get these:
>
> $ ./civ -t trident -a -P esd
> 2: Plugin 'esd' is now selected
> {ss} player for sample <01> not found
> {ss} player for sample <01> not found

Yes. This is documented in audio_esd.c, and the way to remove these
messages is to remove all calls to esd_sample_stop except the one in
stop(). If you do this, please stress-test extensively, because I did it
this way to stop an obscure bug I found some time ago, but which _may_
have been caused by something else for all I can say for certain.

Yours,
Per

"What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally
happens." -- Benjamin Disraeli