Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound8

To: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound8
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:57:26 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> I also got this "{ss}..."  messages. It looks like I have to ask Per
> for this.

This happens when you call the esd_stop_something function, which is meant
to stop looping of a sample, and the sample isn't loooping. I put that in
because this stopped another bug from happening sometimes that caused
infinite looping (i think), and the esd_kill_something function which is
the right one to use simply isn't imlemented in the library.

> You can review the code, test the sdl plugin (which has a huge latency
> for me), give general feedback (which other events would you like,...)

What latency? If you mean at end of civclient, it is because it waits for
the music sample to finish before quitting. I think this is the right way
to do it, rather than just kill the sample, but your opionions may vary.

Pardon the incoherence but Im still in Brazil with a fever and a bad
stomach and soon off for the long ride home...

Yours,
Per

"What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally
happens." -- Benjamin Disraeli