[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Goto avoids empty enemy city (PR#1239)

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Goto avoids empty enemy city (PR#1239)
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:40:32 -0500

I agree with you and Daniel that movement should not go through enemy
cities, empty or not.

You don't always want to create an enemy by trashing a city in transit
even if Freeciv doesn't really understnad why.

You can't tell if it will be occupied by the time you get there, and
this could be fatal.

Since road and rail effects are removed with city destruction you also
need to start adding special cases for size, or the possibility that
others may do the transit thing as well.

Territorial integrity should be built in constraints for movement rules
as opposed to attack rules.

Cheers,
RossW
=====