[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Review] Re: advdomestic.c cleanup II. (PR#1157)

To: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Review] Re: advdomestic.c cleanup II. (PR#1157)
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:57:04 +0000 (GMT)

 --- "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Subject:   Review of advdomestic.c9.dif
> Submitter: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date:      2001/12/29
> Reviewer:  Ross Wetmore <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Patched cleanly to CVS-Dec27.
> Compiles cleanly.
> Runs. Before/after server savegames were different.
>
> Most problems are tab/line length issues, but this *is* a style not
> substance patch, and it is important to get such things right. Couldn't
> spot why the runtime behaviour changed in quick pass. Might be
> hardcoded vs lookup values for some parameters with a private ruleset,
> but it is probably not that critical.

While we are talking about line wraps, I thought the accepted wrapping is
before an operator, like

if (doodle
    && beeble) {
  blah = trrrrr
         + frrrr;
}

and NOT
if (doodle &&
    beeble) {
  blah = trrrrr +
         frrrr;
}

Yes, distinctly I remember (it was in the bleak November) this topic
being discussed and an agreement being reached.  This is how it's done in
tech literature anyways.

Best,
G.