[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Generalised improvements testing

To: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Generalised improvements testing
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:29:41 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Daniel Sjölie wrote:

> I think the smaller patches are very good since it makes it more
> probable that this will all go into cvs... Thus the big patch becomes
> more interesting when the smaller patches are available... :)
> So... I'm not complaining that you did smaller patches, I'd simply like
> a large patch that is equivalent to applying all the small patches in
> the right order... Just to lower the try-it-out-threshold... :)

Sure, no problem.
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/impr-gen-combined.patch.gz

        This "big huge patch" should apply to today's CVS, and combines
the following:-

effect-init.patch
effect-init-fix.patch
effect-implement.patch
effect-iterator.patch
effect-city-bonuses.patch
impr-name-gen.patch
effect-update-opt.patch
effect-citydlg-happiness.patch
landlock.patch

Go play with it... ;)

Specifics that I'm particularly interested in:

- Savegame for reproducing the assert(pplayer->island_improv) bug Jason
  reported yesterday (or better yet, reports that effect-init-fix.patch
  fixes this!)
- Compile problems or other assert/segfault bugs
- Comments on the happiness calculation and GTK+ city dialog happiness
  tab

        This patch is not identical to FreecivAC's impr-gen patch, but
most of the algorithms are similar. This fixes some bugs and adds some
optimisations that FreecivAC doesn't have yet, while FreecivAC also uses
the generalised improvements code for the calculation of tile bonuses
(e.g. the effects of Harbour, Offshore Platform, Supermarket, etc.)

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"So strange, victory - 1,200 spires, the only sound, Moscow burning"