[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Generalised improvements testing

To: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Generalised improvements testing
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:16:06 +0100

On 2001-12-11 12:08:27, Ben Webb wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Raahul Kumar wrote:
>
> > --- Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (snipped)
> > Any change of one big huge patch posted to freeciv incoming? That will make
> > it
> > a lot easier than tracking down all these patches, and applying seperately.
>
>       The generalised improvements code has been available[*] as part of
> FreecivAC since April. The "one big huge patch" to Freeciv proper is
> available from http://freecivac.sf.net/ (look for impr-gen-*.patch). I do
> mention its existence on this list from time to time, but have had very
> little (well, OK, no) feedback other than "that patch is too big - split
> it up and post it through the bug tracking system" which is what I've just
> done. There's no pleasing some people. ;)

I think the smaller patches are very good since it makes it more
probable that this will all go into cvs... Thus the big patch becomes
more interesting when the smaller patches are available... :)
So... I'm not complaining that you did smaller patches, I'd simply like
a large patch that is equivalent to applying all the small patches in
the right order... Just to lower the try-it-out-threshold... :)

Hmm... Did I succeed in making my point? :)

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)