[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Generalised improvements testing

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Daniel_Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Generalised improvements testing
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 20:01:35 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> Anything else you would like to have tested? I'll get cracking on
> fundamentalist govs as soon as possible.

        First, don't use the old "mega patch" any more. There's a new
shiny version 2 at
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/impr-gen-combined-v2.patch.gz

(This obsoletes impr-gen-combined.patch.gz, which can now be removed from
incoming.)

        This patch should apply to today's CVS, and fixes the bugs that
were reported with version 1 of the patch, plus a couple that I spotted by
myself.

        As before, this patch rolls together the 8 separate impr-gen
patches that are currently in the bug tracking system:-

effect-init-v2.patch (PR#1140)
effect-implement-v2.patch (PR#1142)
effect-iterator.patch (PR#1115)
effect-city-bonuses-v2.patch (PR#1143)
impr-name-gen.patch (PR#1118)
effect-update-opt-v2.patch (PR#1141)
effect-citydlg-happiness-v2.patch (PR#1144)
landlock.patch (PR#1105)

        As for what to test, I'm currently running games of 3 or 4 AI
players, plus a single human player that I use to observe one of the AIs
(via. aitoggle), and am looking to spot bugs or differences between the
"old" Freeciv behaviour and the new behaviour (i.e. wrong number of
citizens made content, buildings not becoming obsolete when they should
be, discrepancies between the server's and the client's ideas of what's
going on, that kind of thing). I suggest you try it out on any late-game
savegames you have, to make sure it gets pollution right (oh, and that it
doesn't crash ;)

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want