[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Generalised improvements testing

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Generalised improvements testing
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:08:27 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> --- Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(snipped)
> Any change of one big huge patch posted to freeciv incoming? That will make it
> a lot easier than tracking down all these patches, and applying seperately.

        The generalised improvements code has been available[*] as part of
FreecivAC since April. The "one big huge patch" to Freeciv proper is
available from http://freecivac.sf.net/ (look for impr-gen-*.patch). I do
mention its existence on this list from time to time, but have had very
little (well, OK, no) feedback other than "that patch is too big - split
it up and post it through the bug tracking system" which is what I've just
done. There's no pleasing some people. ;)

[*] Well, more or less. As I mentioned earlier, I've fixed some bugs in
    that code and rewritten a few parts to tidy it up. Plus, the FreecivAC
    patch is against CVS of a couple of months ago now. As there seems to
    be interest I will update the FreecivAC patches shortly to include
    this new code and to resync with current CVS, and notify freeciv-dev.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I could see