[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Generalised improvements testing

To: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Generalised improvements testing
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:12:33 +0100

On 2001-12-10 22:41:35, Ben Webb wrote:
> Also, if the new calculation of
> city bonuses from PR#1117 gives different behaviour to the old code, I
> need to know. (I know that the effect of Michelangelo's Chapel and similar
> Wonders is different. In my code they act as Wonders - i.e. the last thing
> to affect city happiness - whereas before they acted as the buildings they
> replaced - e.g. Cathedrals etc. - affecting city happiness before martial
> law and aggressive units. I'm not sure whether this could cause major
> problems, but welcome discussion...)

So, does this mean that wonders giving the effect of buildings in cities
have to have the appropriate effect set explicitly? Eg, if you change
the effect of cathedrals do you have to change Michelangelo's as well?
I think it would be preferable to actually add the buildings in some
sense since this is what it seems to work like in all the commercial
civs I've seen... Eg, when you take a city in civ3 all improvements are
destroyed but you appear to have the improvements added by wonders...
Ie, they appear in the improvements list and so on...

Maybe I'm just confused here? :)

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)