[Freeciv-Dev] Fog of war only for the AI (PR#1120)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Fog of war only for the AI (PR#1120)
From: gianmario.scotti@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 06:02:01 -0800 (PST)

Full_Name: Gianmario Scotti
Version: 1.12.0
Client: Xaw
OS: Linux
Submission from: (NULL) (192.100.124.219)

Sometimes I find the AI irritatingly good (even on easiest level- ok, I suck at
civ and I hate losing) so I thought hey, why not have fogofwar set to 1 for the
AI, but not for the human player?

Reasoning behind this feature request: I see that "The easy AI is not easy
enough for novice players." is in the "Known bugs" list. Changing the generator
doesn't really address the problem. But having the AI the Fog of war, while the
human player has visibility of all events on the map, that would really help
novice players, or those players that suck at Freeciv (and are comfortable with
that).

Implications: I believe this would be fairly easy to implement. We already have
Fog of war, all we need to do is not to activate it for the human player. One
way to do it would be to have a "fogofwar4ai" parameter which would default to
"fogofwar", unless it's explicitly specified.