[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Comments on CMA 2.6

To: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Comments on CMA 2.6
From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 13:39:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Christian Knoke wrote:

> > > Why not: (negative, 0, positive) three possibilities, where
> > > positive is just (+1).
> >
> > No. You may need +2 or +3 to finish your unit in n turns. So a slider
> > is still needed.
>
> Yes, but really really seldom. You'd rather buy. Too much hassle with
> the agent. In high production phases, you would need to set +30 e.g.

I do this sort of thing very often.  If I'm using potentially high-prod
cities where I cant afford to buy, or if I want enough armor or cruisers
for a major assault some time in the next ten turns.  I would definitely
want CMA to support this sort of strategy.

--Daniel Speyer
"May the /src be with you, always"