[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Twitch-guard

To: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>, rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Asher Densmore-Lynn <jesdynf@xxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Twitch-guard
From: Jules Bean <jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:59:05 +0100

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 11:40:35AM +0200, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> Now that I think about it I'm not entirely sure that this was what was
> meant but if not consider it a new suggestion... :) I'm also uncertain
> if Jules meant to say the same thing or not... Did you mean that there
> would be a penalty for _entering_ enemy's ZOC? Certainly that is an
> interesting thought whether or not it was the original suggestion...
> Also, the penalty could be given at entrance to ZOC or crossing of
> border - crossing of border "feels" more "right" to me but the ZOC
> variant could be implemented right now...

Well, the original poster, I thought, was suggesting that time limits
be imposed under 'some circumstacnes'. He gave border corssing as one
example.  I gave ZOC as another. They could both be interesting.

(Aside: as I have saide before, I'm strongly in favour of borders. I
think they will increase the strategy and decrease the tactics,
IYSWIM. Make diplomacy more useful to, if you can sign a treaty saying
you waon't cross borders)

Jules