[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Twitch-guard

To: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Asher Densmore-Lynn <jesdynf@xxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Twitch-guard
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 11:02:01 +0200

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 07:43:06PM -0400, Ross W. Wetmore wrote:
> There are a couple ways to solve this that aren't that intrusive.
>
> First, collect all server move updates in a delay queue that is
> emptied every "n" tenths of a second.

This will break the recently introduces PACKET_PROCESSING_STARTED-
PACKET_PROCESSING_FINISHED mechanism.

> Units "on guard"

> can register "triggers" with the server to attack

NO. I will not allow code which adds extra complexity to the server
core. You may add this at client side or propose something like a
server side pre-processing which breaks such complex commands into
atomic commands.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Microsoft DNS service terminates abnormally when it recieves a response