[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Twitch-guard

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Asher Densmore-Lynn <jesdynf@xxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Twitch-guard
From: Jules Bean <jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:10:57 +0100

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 10:57:08AM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> So you propose a minimal time between steps?! From the point of view
> of the player/agent who sees a unit moving it is ok. However from the
> point of view of the player/agent which does the move it
> isn't. Imaging that you can't move your settler down the road with 3
> key presses which but have to wait for some seconds between each. The
> same applied for agents. Agents may perform them in parallel but you
> have other problems with synchronization.

The suggestion is a little more sophisticated than that. Minimal time
under certain circumstances: for example, one mechanism would be that
whenever you move into an enemy's ZOC, you cannot move that unit again
for some period of time. This would give the enemy a change to respond
to rush attacks.

I don't know if it's a good idea, but it seems an interesting one to
try out.

Jules