[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Multiple bonus tech patch

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Multiple bonus tech patch
From: Josh Cogliati <jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:03:17 -0600

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 02:16:54PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > I think this is not a good idea. If there are different reasons
> > for getting bonus techs, there should be different explanations.
> > Just keep the old message and move it in the ruleset IMHO.
>
> Josh can you do this?
Yes, it is attached a patch against freeciv-1.12.0 (and includes the previous
patches).
I added a first_message field in the techs ruleset.
It is displayed by the server every time that a player is the first to
research a tech.
I also added a cheesy message for gunpowder.
first_message = _("Game: Nations tremble in fear of your new weapons.")
I did not send the message to the client as part of the tech rules since I
could not think of any reason to do so.
I am not sure if it internationalized properly.

> Josh I'm also planning to omit computer as a
> bonus tech since this is a game issue and should be separated.
Rats, and I had just thought of the perfect message:
"Computer's computational power causes scientists to rapidly discover new
 technology.  Creation of freeciv returns progress to normal." ;-)

--
Josh Cogliati
jjc@xxxxxxxxx