[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (8)

To: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (8)
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:14:13 -0500

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 06:37:01AM +0200, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> On 2001-09-03 14:41:08, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> >
> > Also: you have
> > gtk_widget_set_name() scattered around. What does that do, and is it
> > necessary?
>
> I did take that from the old dialog but I believe it connects to:
> style "city_label"
> {
>       font = "-b&h-lucidatypewriter-bold-r-normal-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
> }
> in .../share/freeciv/freeciv.rc
>
> By the way, do You know why GtkStyle didn't work?
> (It worked in the old dialog)

If this is truly the case, (I think that I'll check), then this could be the
reason why GtkStyle didn't work (maybe we should define "didn't work": it
'worked' for me, it was just that the font wasn't the correct one.) However, it
has been affirmed by the GTK people that colors in GTK 1.2.x is a snafu.

> And, by the way again, did You get any errors about
> gtk_table_set_col_spacing now? Cause I can't see the difference from
> earlier when others got it and I didn't... I guess it's possible I made
> something stupid with the patch others had that problem with but I
> tested it on cvs myself...

Actually I just tried it on a box with gtk 1.2.6 and I do get the error.
I guess it must have gotten fixed in a later version. The fix is in my tree.

> Christian allready mentioned some and there was the issue about more

Christian, is this still an issue? If so, exactly what do you want?

> space between frames... Other that and those You mentioned above I
> can't think of any... Oh... Performace perhaps?

heh...