[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patches

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patches
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:33:30 +0200

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 01:59:24PM +0100, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
>  --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > I'd also like to know when You think You'll commit Your Agents into
> > cvs?
> >
> > I will post an updated version if the other supporting patches have
> > gone in. Be warned there may be objections from others.
>
> I had a look at Raimars agents (old version).  It's a very good

The version 3 of sma?

> development but it's a bit wet behind the ears ;) (from a gamer's point
> of view, I didn't look at the code).

Thank you very much for this. As you may have noticed some of the
supporting patches already found their way into the cvs.

> A suggestion: I wouldn't trust an agent to find city founding spot for
> me.
> It's not a tactical task, it's strategic.  But irrigation -- yes!  Maybe
> you can introduce finer control of what settler will do under agent.

Currently the agent will only simulate every tile for a city of size
one (center + one extra tile). The plan is also to have a more long
term simulation here. This only required changes to one method.

You can also adjust parameters which a possible new city must meet:

+  parameter2.city_building_assessment.minimal_surplus[FOOD]=2;
+  parameter2.city_building_assessment.minimal_surplus[SHIELD]=3;
+  parameter2.city_building_assessment.minimal_surplus[TRADE]=0;
+  parameter2.city_building_assessment.surplus_weights[FOOD]=2;
+  parameter2.city_building_assessment.surplus_weights[SHIELD]=2;
+  parameter2.city_building_assessment.surplus_weights[TRADE]=1;

This is currently hardcoded. And maybe there will be a gui at some
time.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Reality? That's where the pizza delivery guy comes from!"