[Freeciv-Dev] Re: more complex unit and battle system

To: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: more complex unit and battle system
From: peter jurcovic <hhg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 01:13:03 +0200

Thanks for the answers (I was a bit affraid, that I would be just chased
to read
some docs ;).

Tony Stuckey wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 12:43:49AM +0200, peter jurcovic wrote:
> > Btw, (if I may ask) how is the situation with railroads in recent
versions: do
> > they still give unit an unlimited movement or is there a limit at
last? And

>         They still give unlimited movement.

Why is it still so? Does anybody find it as a good idea?

> > I'm not sure also about this - can settlers/engineers destroy roads
and
> > railroads? I think this is *very* important - also for the tactic I
mentioned
> > here.
>
>         Any military unit can pillage roads.

Great, I just was not sure (I have never used pillaging a lot).

(I want to apologies for my to:/cc: messages chaos (especially to Tony
Stuckey). I think I should take some sleep at last (I've got here at
about 1PM) ;).