[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations classification again

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations classification again
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:14:59 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> Also I think most people aren't offended by calling their race by color.
> Of course if there are some offended people who play freeciv, they
> should complain here.

I object to classifying race by color. In fact, I object to this entire
'patch'. The use of the term 'race' in *civ is very loose and fuzzy, and
interpreted otherwise it will be rather unfortunate. Humankind is not
separated into races. There is no such thing as a German 'race', for
example.

There is no point in sorting freeciv nations according to ethnicity or
even geography. At most, they need to be sorted according to
past/present/fantasy, as has been suggested in the past.

Yours,
Per