[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations classification again

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations classification again
From: "SamBC" <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 00:36:15 +0100

And I think some people *might* offended by these classifications - why not:

caucasion, african (incl. West Indies et al), oriental, asian (different to
asia below I guess), aboriginal (bracket including maori, amerindians (I
don't like that term either, personally), &so on &so forth), arab (middle
east nations etc).

> Problems :
> Filipinos are unclassified. I don't know what race they are.
> Far-East Indians are not indian, but white. Blame Columbus. :-)

Can't help there, actually

> 7.
> Every real nation is in at least one of these regional classes :
>   europe, america, asia (read : far east), middle_east, africa or
>   oceania (incl. australia)
> Also mediterranean and scandinavia is used for some nations.
> Some nations are even in 3 regions at once like Egypt
> (africa, mediterranean, middle_east).

sounds fine

> 8.
> History-marks are yet to be added, like ww1, ww2 or cold_war.
> For now, I added punic, feel free to add more.

These may be a good idea

> 9.
> Some white nations are classified into ethnic/cultural subclasses :
> celtic, germanic, anglosaxon, semite, slavic, finno_ugric, latinate,
> hellenic, baltic

Not sure why people would use this, but completeness I suppose...

> 10.
> civ1 and civ2 marks are yet to be added.

As in 'they were/nt there' I take it? They will be needed.

SamBC