[Freeciv-Dev] Re: MP3 Patent Issues

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: MP3 Patent Issues
From: "Sam BC" <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 00:24:22 +0100

Fine, so we do as I suggested (as did others) and produce a non-specific
sound layer which we the produce separate code modules for to allow
different sound systems to function, chose at ./configure-time in the same
way as clients. And if someone codes it, OGG can be one of them. There is no
reason to exclude any format if someone wants to code it. Unless doing so is
illegal of course, but we established that all the formats under discussion
are legal.

SamBC