[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Plans for 1.12

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Plans for 1.12
From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 19:36:34 +0200

Jed Davis wrote:

> I'm not sure to what extent another scheme system could be substituted,
> since it's the C interface that's important here, and I'd thought that was
> more or less specific to Guile.  I could be wrong, of course.

Guile people tried to do generic scheme interface. It is compile time
compatibility, but works for most simple things. You cannot dfine own
types etc, but all basic evals/string routines etc are covered. Mzscheme
implements this interface and I've actually used both of them by just
replacing one variable in makefile (with freeciv, when I was trying to
implement scripting some time ago :)

Artur