Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civil Disorder or CIVIL DISORDER?

To: "martin.mcmahon" <martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civil Disorder or CIVIL DISORDER?
From: Richard Atkins <rja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 12:33:28 +1000 (EST)

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, martin.mcmahon wrote:

> Hello Richard just checked the civI book on this and is says"if one or more of
> your cities are in disorderfor two turns there is a CHANCE each turn
> thereafter that a revolution may occur." so you can keep ur goverment even
> after 3 ,4,5 turns with a town in uproar.the most I have seen is 4 before I
> was for the chop.:).

So, freeciv needs to have the following things done to make its
revolutions compliant:

1) Make it possible to happen on the second turn.
2) Make it a chance of happening, instead of the current "Its turn 3: time
for revolution", that increases depending on the number of turns a city
has been in disorder, and
3) change the Civil disorder mesage to capitals, to make it clear that
this is a *bad thing*.
4) update the help pages to document this.

Any takers?
        Richard
--------
       Richard Atkins  rja@xxxxxxxxxxx